[3830] SS SSB WA3AER SO Unlimited HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, thbauer@gmail.com
Subject: [3830] SS SSB WA3AER SO Unlimited HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 18 Nov 2019 01:38:06 +0000
                    ARRL Sweepstakes Contest, SSB - 2019

Call: WA3AER
Operator(s): WA3AER
Station: WA3AER

Class: SO Unlimited HP
QTH: Maryland
Operating Time (hrs): 12:45

------------
  160:
   80:  148
   40:  157
   20:   93
   15:    6
   10:
------------

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Comments:

The start condx almost caused me to hang it up. After taking a late dinner break
Saturday, 80M got me hooked. Sunday's BIC time was interrupted by the Brazilian
F1 Grand Prix...glad to have taken the tie off to see Max Verstappen WIN!
Also nice to find several CWops fellows who had, like me, found their mics for a
foray into SSB. Honetly, and I am not a very good CW op, the CW events are
easier on the body cuz you don't have 2.5-3.0kHz bandwidth noise pumping your
ears for the weekend.
Early condx on Saturday were poor for me on both 20 and 40M. Run attempts gained
no traction; so it was mostly S&P until late in the evening. Sunday seemed a
lot better overall...or maybe I had just gotten used to working SSB again.
My goal was to get at least 1/2 the number of contacts I made in SS CW. At first
that looked impossible, but by the time I quit early Sunday morning the goal
looked feasible. I rolled right on past 250 and decided to call it an evening
when I passed the 400 mark.

73, TU for your Qs and your patience when I was having copy difficulty.
---
Ted   WA3AER