[3830] SS SSB WC0AAA Multi-Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, ae0ee@arrl.net
Subject: [3830] SS SSB WC0AAA Multi-Op LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 18 Nov 2019 02:48:40 +0000
                    ARRL Sweepstakes Contest, SSB - 2019

Call: WC0AAA
Operator(s): AC0FS AE0EE WB9CFN
Station: WC0AAA

Class: Multi-Op LP
QTH: MN
Operating Time (hrs): 12

------------
  160:
   80:   16
   40:   85
   20:   42
   15:
   10:    1
------------

Club: Minnesota Wireless Assn

Comments:

100 W, 80 m OCF dipole too low above a metal roof.

This was the shake-out contest for a new HF radio (IC-7300) at the EOC.  It
played very well, but the antenna unfortunately is quite a compromise.  Because
it is so close to the roof, it is badly detuned on 40 and 80 m, so an external
tuner is needed and we are usually pretty weak.

We had three operators try it out and get some experience on-air. Having rig
control was wonderful, and while we couldn't get through very quickly by
search-and-pounce, we had fun spotting many stations as we tuned across the
band.

73,
  Bill
AE0EE