[3830] SS SSB K1DG Single Op HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] SS SSB K1DG Single Op HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 18 Nov 2019 19:15:45 +0000
                    ARRL Sweepstakes Contest, SSB - 2019

Call: K1DG
Operator(s): K1DG
Station: K1DG

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: NH
Operating Time (hrs): 7

------------
  160:    0
   80:  408
   40:  118
   20:  416
   15:    2
   10:    0
------------

Club: Yankee Clipper Contest Club

Comments:

Casual operation between moon passes (I was more interested in the EME contest).
Goal was a Sweep. By Sunday morning I still needed a quite a few. I went to 15,
pointed the beam south, and the only signal on the band was KP2M.

Back to 20, turned the beam north and tracked down VY1AAA (VE8NSD called in
later) and then VE6EX. Turned the antenna south and found KP4/WQ2N.

Found a clear spot, CQed for a while, and reeled in NE and EWA. Tuned around a
bit more, turned the beam towards KL7 and found KL7SB way up in the band. Now I
needed WTX and NL.

Went to 40 for a bit, then back to 20.

Started tuning from the bottom, and was rewarded with WR5O for WTX at 14188.

Now it's down to NL. 75 is the right place but the band went long very early.
Maybe 2300z is too late.

Found a nice clear spot at 3736 and started running. Band had started to
lengthen since I was getting 9s and 0s calling, but I also got some 1s and 2s to
answer, so it's not too late. After the packet pileup subsided, I added
"...looking for Newfoundland or Labrador...anyone around?" at the end
of the CQ. After the 3rd or 4th try, VO1DV called in...said he was not in the
contest but I walked him through what I needed.

Another SS, another mug. Mission accomplished.

Same time next year.

73,

Doug K1DG