[3830] SS SSB W9KKN(@NW6P) SO Unlimited HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] SS SSB W9KKN(@NW6P) SO Unlimited HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Tue, 19 Nov 2019 17:57:06 +0000
                    ARRL Sweepstakes Contest, SSB - 2019

Call: W9KKN
Operator(s): W9KKN
Station: NW6P

Class: SO Unlimited HP
QTH: Cupertino, CA
Operating Time (hrs): 24
Radios: SO2R

------------
  160:    0
   80:   94
   40:  587
   20:  621
   15:   36
   10:    0
------------

Club: Pizza Lovers 259

Comments:

As always, special thanks to Tom/NW6P for letting me use his station.

As I like to say, after a tough week at work, the only thing that can cure me is
a contest. Sweeps SSB is a tough slog though, the exchange really beats your
vocal cords up.

As sweepstakes go -- the conditions were not amazing, but looking at the solar
weather picture actually could have been worse. My biggest gripe was that while
15 meters was open and I had some very loud crisp signals to the east coast
Sunday, most people didn't bother giving it a chance. 40m was especially ugly,
with lots and lots of weak signals just right below the noise floor that
couldn't last for a full QSO.

The thing is that I just can't tell anymore if it's something I did with the
station, if conditions were just marginally better, or if I'm improving. All the
same, this is a personal best for me, and it's a slightly higher score than what
we were able to achieve last year as a M/S at NW6P, and even better yet than
what I was able to do as a Single Op in 2017.

As always, live scores encouraged all the right things, wish more people were
QRV there.

QC (really?) and PR were the last stations needed for the sweep. Wasted 20
minutes trying to call the QC Saturday night, gave up on him, and then had him
call Sunday morning. Went right after PR as soon as I had him spotted, but also
had another PR call me (KP4/KM1P) a bit later.

Thanks for all of the Q's everyone and see you in WWCW!

As you may be aware, the team and I put a bunch of work into the ZF1A station
this year, so we're all rooting for ZF2MJ... knock em out, Dan!

73,
Bill/W9KKN