[3830] SS SSB N7MZW SO Unlimited LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, n7mzw1@gmail.com
Subject: [3830] SS SSB N7MZW SO Unlimited LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Wed, 20 Nov 2019 08:29:03 +0000
                    ARRL Sweepstakes Contest, SSB - 2019

Call: N7MZW
Operator(s): N7MZW
Station: N7MZW

Class: SO Unlimited LP
QTH: Cheyenne,WY.
Operating Time (hrs): 21

------------
  160:    0
   80:   24
   40:  307
   20:  166
   15:    0
   10:    0
------------

Club: Grand Mesa Contesters of Colorado

Comments:

[log removed from comments]

START-OF-LOG: 3.0
CREATED-BY: N3FJP's ARRL November Sweepstakes Contest Log 6.9
CONTEST: ARRL-SS-SSB
CALLSIGN: N7MZW
LOCATION: WY.
CATEGORY-OPERATOR: SINGLE-OP
CATEGORY-STATION: FIXED
CATEGORY TRANSMITTER: ONE
CATEGORY-POWER: LOW
CATEGORY-ASSISTED: ASSISTED
CATEGORY-BAND: ALL
CATEGORY-MODE: SSB
CATEGORY-TIME: 21-HOURS
CATEGORY-OVERLAY: TB-WIRES
CLUB: Grand Mesa Contesters of Colorado
CLAIMED-SCORE: 71424
OPERATORS: N7MZW
NAME: CHUCK WILLIAMS
SOAPBOX: IC-7300,Heil Pro Micro Headset,Vectronics HFT-1500 Manual Tuner (for 75
Meters only),and a modified ZS6BKW up 50 feet running N-S at 6,053 feet
elevation from Grid DN-71od in Laramie County,Wyoming.After 30 years of
participation, I think I can safely state that this event is getting tougher
than ever before! There were ZERO 10 or 15 Meter stations heard at my shack for
this years Sweepstakes!62% of all contacts were made on 40,33% on 20,and a mere
5% on 80 Meters. Not sure which was more crowded: 20 or 40,but I sure had a lot
of bookend QRM,and folks QSLing in my face even after being on the frequency for
a long time! QSB was very pronounced at times,but crowded band conditions were
the biggest challenge by far. It was nice to work fellow Grand Mesa Club members
K0UK,WT0DX,W0GJT,and W0ETT. The usual suspects hurt my rate with the completely
unnecessary "Please copy" jazz,and it was quite evident that a few
folks did not understand the contest exchange,but I was glad to walk several new
contesters and a few drive-bys through the proper exchange elements. Always a
fun event,and my favorite contest by far.72 sections worked means no clean
sweep,but I feel like I did pretty well with my 100 watt,no tower,no beam,single
wire antenna station. Thanks to all that heard and worked me. November Seven
Many Zebras Walking
END-OF-LOG:START-OF-LOG: 3.0
CREATED-BY: N3FJP's ARRL November Sweepstakes Contest Log 6.9
CONTEST: ARRL-SS-SSB
CALLSIGN: N7MZW
LOCATION: WY.
CATEGORY-OPERATOR: SINGLE-OP
CATEGORY-STATION: FIXED
CATEGORY-TRANSMITTER: ONE
CATEGORY-POWER: LOW
CATEGORY-ASSISTED: ASSISTED
CATEGORY-BAND: ALL
CATEGORY-MODE: SSB
CATEGORY-TIME: 21-HOURS
CATEGORY-OVERLAY: TB-WIRES
CLUB: Grand Mesa Contesters of Colorado
CLAIMED-SCORE: 71424
OPERATORS: N7MZW
NAME: Chuck Williams
ADDRESS: 3601 Dillon Ave Apt B
ADDRESS-CITY: Cheyenne
ADDRESS-STATE-PROVINCE: WY
ADDRESS-POSTALCODE: 82001
ADDRESS-COUNTRY:
EMAIL: n7mzw1@gmail.com
SOAPBOX: IC-7300,Heil Pro Micro Headset,and ZS6BKW up 50 feet running N-S at
6,053 feet elevation. No 10 or 15 Meter stations heard at my shack.62% of
contacts were made on 40,33% on 20,and a mere 5% of all contacts were made on 80
Meters. Not sure which was more crowded: 20 or 40,but  sure had a lot of bookend
QRM, and folks QSLing in my face, even after being on the frequency for a long
time! QSB was very pronounced at times, but crowded bands were the biggest
challenge by far. Nice to work fellow Grand Mesa Club members:
K0UK,WT0DX,W0GJT,and W0ETT. The usual suspects hurt may rate with the completely
unnecessary "Please copy" jazz,and it was quite evident that a few
folks did not understand the contest exchange elements, but I was glad to walk
several new contesters, and a few drive bys through the proper exchange. Always
a fun event, and my favorite contest by far. 72 sections worked means no clean
sweep, but felt I did pretty well with my 100 watt, no tower, no beam,single
wire antenna station.
END-OF-LOG:START-OF-LOG: 3.0