[3830] CQWW CW K2AX M/2 HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, bob_beyer@verizon.net
Subject: [3830] CQWW CW K2AX M/2 HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 25 Nov 2019 04:43:08 +0000
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, CW - 2019

Call: K2AX
Operator(s): NY3B N2UU AK2S KE2D
Station: K2AX

Class: M/2 HP
QTH: SNJ
Operating Time (hrs): 48

  160:  223    18       79
   80:  541    25      106
   40:  755    31      128
   20: 1392    31      141
   15:  349    24       97
   10:   63    14       28
------------------------------

Club: Frankford Radio Club

Comments:

We improved over 2018 by about 222k but it felt like it took much more effort
this time. It’s ironic seeing other comments on band conditions.  Some people
thought they were pretty good.  We felt the opposite and thought them poor
overall but we’ve seen worse.  Our QSO count overall is down but our mults are
up.  The mult increase is the only thing that allowed us to pull ahead of our
score from last year.

20m was decent though not amazing. We are down over 300 QSOs vs 2018.  We really
count on 20m for our bread and butter.  It did not produce like last year and it
was not for lack of trying.

15m was marginal at its best on Saturday and all but dismal on Sunday. We
grabbed a few mults there Sunday but never got the big fat run we like did last
year.

10m was mercurial on Saturday but did yield several dozen Qs and 42 additional
mults. Those extra mults were key in even getting close to last year’s score
because our Q total is down.  If a station popped up on 10m, we chased after it
like an angry dog chases a postman.

160m and 80m were decent and we improved there with over 223 Qs on 160m and 97
mults. Last year we did only 85 mults on 160m. We also made significant gains in
mults and Qs on 80m as well.  Being disappointed in what the upper bands did, we
flogged the lower two mercilessly and made them pay for the sins of the upper.
If they twitched, we flogged them some more and then stomped on them twice for
good measure.

We are grateful as always to Mark, K2AX, for letting us use his great station
and to his family for their patience, especially to Donna for helping us out
whenever we need something and cleaning up after us.