[3830] CQWW CW K3WJV SO(A)AB HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, k3wjv@yahoo.com
Subject: [3830] CQWW CW K3WJV SO(A)AB HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 25 Nov 2019 08:47:35 +0000
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, CW - 2019

Call: K3WJV
Operator(s): K3WJV
Station: K3WJV

Class: SO(A)AB HP
QTH: PA
Operating Time (hrs): 38.5

  160:   37    10       23
   80:  271    25       93
   40:  289    30      107
   20:  772    31      125
   15:   75    21       62
   10:
------------------------------

Club: Frankford Radio Club

Comments:

I'm such a procrastinator. Should have had my 2nd beam so I could do real so2r
in the bigger dx contests instead of leaving 20m to go to 15 so this is really
so1r. I don't run on the low bands with my antennas so no real benefit of so2r
other than I can share the amp workload. I have some antenna tuning issues so
one rig and amp stays on 40 and the other band switches as needed. I can do so2r
in some domestic contests and hopefully next year I will be able to so2r in
these bigger dx tests.

I beat my score from last year and have managed to do that for about 3 years
now. This year I found out how easy it was to load in new goals into n1mm and
wound up watching that a lot over the weekend. It actually kept me in the chair
sometimes when the hour wasn't up yet neglecting to leave the rig and waiting to
do something I needed to do. Some hours I wound up not matching last year but
others I beat so guess it helped me beat last years final score in the end. I
had 11 more Q's, 4 more zones and 22 more countries to easily beat last year's
score. If I get that 2nd beam and do some more antenna work I should be able to
do the same thing next year esp with the sunspots possibly helping with that.

Last year I had 1 Q on 10m for a zone & USA with a local. This year I heard
some good sigs but all I did was call and not get any answers. The hexbeam @
30ft just wasn't getting the job done. Lots of fun this year. High point of
running was having A61 answer me. My little station has its moments and this
year was no exception breaking some pileups for those wonderful double mults.

GO FRC!

Rural wooded location 1255ft ASL

FT1000MP & Acom 2000a
K3/P3 & KPA1500

2el K4KIO 5 band Hexbeam @30ft  G-450A rotor & Green Heron controller
Inv vees @ 50ft for 40m-80m-trapped 160
Rx ant - 200ft NE/SW kd9sv rbog

SO2R >> TopTen DxDoubler-Band Aides-relays-W2VJN stubs
       (not full blown so2r yet - need 2nd beam)

N1MM+ contest logger & DxLab master logger