[3830] CQWW CW W8AV SO(A)SB80 HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, w8av@aol.com
Subject: [3830] CQWW CW W8AV SO(A)SB80 HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 25 Nov 2019 15:44:25 +0000
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, CW - 2019

Call: W8AV
Operator(s): W8AV
Station: W8AV

Class: SO(A)SB80 HP
QTH: OH
Operating Time (hrs): 25:27

  160:
   80:  583    27      106
   40:
   20:
   15:
   10:
------------------------------

Club: Mad River Radio Club

Comments:

With all the antenna problems (long story due to continuing TIC Ring problems)
here that did not get repaired due to having to spend big bucks fixing water
damage in my basement this year, I decided that I would do another single-op
effort.  Because conditions have been pretty dismal for the last couple years I
decided to do an 80 meter SO(A) effort.
I think I made a good decision as I had probably the most fun I have had in a
contest for a long time.  Unfortunately, a nagging intermittent problem with my
80 meter triangle array and the static from an intense rain storm (fortunately
no lightning)on the second night kept my score from being higher.  That said,
once the storm abated and the antenna started behaving itself again, I was
surprised to be able to work EU well after their sunrise on the second day, some
of whom were an hour or so past their local SR.
I had a great time.
Thanks for the QSO's and see you next year.  Hopefully, we will be on the upward
side of Cycle 25.