[3830] CQWW CW IS0/LZ5F M/S LP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] CQWW CW IS0/LZ5F M/S LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 25 Nov 2019 21:07:53 +0000
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, CW - 2019

Call: IS0/LZ5F
Operator(s): LZ5VV LZ5EE LZ1ABC
Station: IS0/LZ5F

Class: M/S LP
QTH: Maritza
Operating Time (hrs): 46

  160:  240    18       71
   80:  851    22       90
   40: 1577    34      119
   20:  556    28       95
   15:   87    24       46
   10:    4     3        4
------------------------------

Club:

Comments:

RIG:
  TS-590(run) and IC-7300(multi)
  2x6 antenna switch (thanks to LZ4AE Angel)
  Triplexer and 3BPFs for 20-10m yagi antenna
  For 160m to 40m a combination of LowPass and HighPass filters were used (made
by LZ1AQ)

ANT:
  160m - Inverted-L at 15m (20 radials). 50m from the sea.
  80m Vertical at 11m (4 elevated radials). 20m from the sea.
  40m vertical (40 radials) with a reflector. 20mm from the sea
  20-10m 3el yagi at 8m.
  Active antenna for receiving by LZ1AQ

We arrived late Tuesday evening.
The locations was very nice (JN40HU). We found it on booking - see Casa Fronte
Mare. It was directly on the sea shore with sea in N, NW, and a bit of NE
directions.
The next 3 days we spent making antennas. It took us longer than expected due to
problems with tuning.
We were ready on Friday evening. Setting up the equipment was finished 1 hour
before the competition. Surprisingly we had no problems
with the equipment. The only issue was with the house which had terrible
electrical installation. We lost two hours due to a main wire
powering the house burning up. And no, we did not use a PA, just a small
heater.
The weather was great! No wind and very little rain. If it was not for this I
don't think we would've made it in time.
During the contest we worked in 8h shifts followed by 4 hours of rest. Each
shift was divided into 2 hours of running and 2 hours searching for mults.
Towards the end of the contest when there were not so many mults it was
difficult to keep the motivation high. Thus the Multi station was not 100%
active.
20-10m bands were terrible. We have more QSO on 80m than 20m. But I think this
was not the case only for us.
All in all I think we did well - we had great fun.

73 de lz5vv(Ivo), lz5ee (Tony), lz1abc (Chav)