[3830] CQWW CW M6T M/M HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] CQWW CW M6T M/M HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Tue, 26 Nov 2019 00:11:23 +0000
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, CW - 2019

Call: M6T
Operator(s): DJ4MZ DL5RMH G0AEV G0DVJ G0EGW G0JJG G2NF G3SVL G3XLG G4BUO G4BWP
G4PIQ
Station: M6T

Class: M/M HP
QTH: JO02RF
Operating Time (hrs): 48

  160:  1160    20       86
   80:  2536    34      126
   40:  3202    39      158
   20:  2311    37      158
   15:   812    33      130
   10:   283    14       59
-------------------------------

Club:

Comments:

Another great fun CQWW goes past. Although at times, conditions didn't feel too
bad, when compared to previous years, the numbers speak for themselves. We're
30% down on the numbers of US stations worked on 40 this year and 50% down on
JAs compared to last year. We think that the more Northerly paths were somewhat
supressed this weekend - just as they were in the SSB leg one solar rotation
earlier. We actually worked more USA stations on 80m than on any other band this
time which is remarkable. With substantially the same station, we are down on
QSOs from last year on all bands - apart from 10m ;-) We may just have worked
harder at 10m this year - I don't think you could call conditions inspiring!

We lost the use of our 160m vertical on the second night and had to spend all of
the long mid-contest 160m opening on the dipole which was not ideal. We took the
vertical down in the daylight on the Sunday and found where the wire had arced
through a plastic insulator to the metal support underneath and fixed it for the
last session.

We've been working on our Rx antennas - but sadly when we got to site for the CW
leg, we found that the field which we had used for Beverages in the SSB leg was
being drilled, so we had to make some changes in a hurry which were less than
optimal and our Rx antennas were very close to the 160m Tx antenna which we
didn't have the chance to detune on Rx. We'd be interested to know if you found
us deaf on LF in particular compared to other Northern European stations - or
were we just weak?

Thanks to everyone for all the QSOs and see you next year.

73

Andy, G4PIQ for team M6T

160m
K3 + FT1000MP + Acom 2000