[3830] CQWW CW W2LCQ SO(A)AB LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, w2lcq@yahoo.com
Subject: [3830] CQWW CW W2LCQ SO(A)AB LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Tue, 26 Nov 2019 01:25:33 +0000
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, CW - 2019

Call: W2LCQ
Operator(s): W2LCQ
Station: W2LCQ

Class: SO(A)AB LP
QTH: NYC - Manhattan
Operating Time (hrs): 34.0

  160:
   80:   45    10       21
   40:  121    13       50
   20:  113    13       46
   15:    7     5        7
   10:
------------------------------

Club: Frankford Radio Club

Comments:

Icom 7300 - 100W
AH-4 Auto Tuner
Antenna 30 ft end fed wire up 25 ft in a sidewalk tree
Dell Latitude Laptop/Windows 10/N1MM+
N3ZN Paddle

First contest to break 100K points. Slightly missed my 300 QSO goal. Special
thanks to K3CT who configured N1MM+ for the 7300 and got me going with the
Spectrum window. S&P all the way.
Tough going in QRM, QRN and pileups. Relied on the Spectrum window throughout.
Concentrated on getting mults. AA3B filter terrific. It gave me way more spots
than I could use since I could not hear most of them. Some hours 1-2 Qs per hour
and others 20-25 Qs per hour. Sunday morning 20 was wide open to EU and very
productive. QRM was minimal. Operated mainly overnights to avoid the daytime
congestion, resting during the day. Nil heard on 10 and very little heard on 15.
Worked 4 out of 6 FRC expeditions.
Radio and computer worked flawlessly. Installed a new 7300 on Wed. Worked right
out of the box. Thanks to KE2D for encouraging me to get off CI-V and get a new
USB cable immediately. Easy transition from 756 Pro III which after 15 years
seemed like a boat anchor by comparison. The 7300 receiver is awesome. I could
barely hear stations that answered me on my first call.
All in all a fun but exhausting 2 days. Can't wait until next year!