[3830] CQWW CW IH9/OL3R(OK1VWK) SO(A)SB20 LP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] CQWW CW IH9/OL3R(OK1VWK) SO(A)SB20 LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Tue, 26 Nov 2019 10:17:28 +0000
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, CW - 2019

Call: IH9/OL3R
Operator(s): OK1VWK
Station: IH9/OL3R

Class: SO(A)SB20 LP
QTH: JM65
Operating Time (hrs): 28:38

  160:
   80:
   40:
   20: 1810    31      114
   15:
   10:
------------------------------
Total: 1810    31      114  Total Score = 781,405

Club:

Comments:

+81 dupes. What we can say ? To be on Pantelleria in November is every year
extra bonus as it for them who accepts troubles on the way there. As previous
year, we are still on the island due to ferry transport canceled based on actual
weather forecast. As previous year, ferry was canceled before and after the CQ
WW contest also. This year troubles have hardened by small issue in North Italy
Alpien mounain (Brenner Pass) due to sudden snow attack. 20cm of snow isnt
problem for your Skoda Yeti 4x4, but for Italiens is. In Austria part of the
same road no problem, clear traffic and maintained road. Italiens decided to
close highway A22 to 6 hours for sure. Give some valid info was problem for
them. But not problem close it immediatelly behind toll gate and take EUR charge
for highway toll. I have never seen so stupid and chaotic behaviours. Thanks to
this we lost chance to realise plan A to be in time checked in ferry from
Civitavechia to Palermo (Sicily island). Plan B was extra 1700km trough whole
Italy to Sicily by our car. We passed it and stayed in Trapani after next day.
And next is yet known story with canceled ferry to island and back also.

So what about contest ? Seems bad conds and signal propagation as usual in
bottom of solar cycle. But seems also when comparing last year. Around -100 QSO
to EU, -50 QSO to NA, but better numbers to Asiatic part of Russia and AF.
Sunday afternoon during opened NA signal propagation window came strong wind,
static rain and thunderbolt lightning. It caused next outage of my operation.
But fully satisfied and enjoyed it. Its big experience and unforgettable
memories. Big problem is prefix also. Lot of stations mainly from SA are not
able to read 20WPM IH9/ in morse :-) I dont know why are still claiming IS9.
Maybe rare prefix ? And if so, the problem is the rest of the call. Calling
mults is real torture from this side.

Congrats to XR1D for giving me double mult bonus in the rest of contest and
also congrats to his result. Thanks to next all who participated in contest or
were able to take my true low power signal from the small piece of nothing in
Mediterranean Sea, somewhere on the half of the way between Tunisia and Sicily.

We (me and Vaclav IH9/OK6RA, who was operating 40m band) are thinking about M/S
LP next year, but who knows what bring next time. Greating from Pantelleria and
hope next to hear you again.

GL de Milan OL3R, currently still /IH9.