[3830] CQWW CW A44A(@A47RS) M/M HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] CQWW CW A44A(@A47RS) M/M HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 01 Dec 2019 02:12:13 +0000
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, CW - 2019

Call: A44A
Operator(s): A41JZ A45TT VU2PTT HB9DHG Z32TO A41CK A45VU
Station: A47RS

Class: M/M HP
QTH: LL93EO
Operating Time (hrs): 48

  160:  425    20       64
   80: 1261    26       95
   40: 2393    35      137
   20: 2475    36      126
   15: 1501    31      116
   10:   18    10       11
------------------------------

Club:

Comments:

We were short on operators but did much better than last year at the bottom of
the solar cycle. The bands were roaring except for 10m that was missing in
action. 15m was solid for a while and helped get the score up.

We lost the 80m tx antenna very early in the contest which meant an estimated
400 contacts short on Day 1. The antenna was converted to a single element
vertical with 2 elevated radials and worked well enough for the rest of the
contest to overtake last year's QSO count.

Special guest ops this year were Oliver Z32TO and Fulvio HB9DHG - thanks guys
for the great work on the bands.

Thanks go to the entire management team at A44A for keeping this fantastic
station performing and we hope to have an improved station next time to go to
the next level.

Station Equipment:

4 x Kenwood TS-990
2 x Acom 2000 Amp + 2 x SPE-2K Amp
8 Ant x 4 Radios Switching matrix
High Power filters for all bands

Tx Antennas:

160m - Toploaded 26m vertical
80m - 2 element phased verticals - down to 1 element thanks to Mr. Murphy
40m, 20m - Dual-bander 2el 40m, 4el 20m @ 20 metres up
20,15,10m - Tri-bander 3el 20m, 4el 15m, 5el 10m @ 20 metres up

Rx Antenna:

160, 80, 40m - K9AY direction switchable Rx antenna, Flag

Thanks to all for the Qs and hope we work many more in the next edition of this
great contest.

73

for A44A @ A47RS

Prasad VU2PTT (A45VA, W2PTT) a.k.a. "The Pit Boss"