[3830] ARRL 160 N4XD Single Op HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] ARRL 160 N4XD Single Op HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 08 Dec 2019 13:29:25 +0000
                    ARRL 160-Meter Contest - 2019

Call: N4XD
Operator(s): N4XD
Station: N4XD

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: NC
Operating Time (hrs): 24

Total:  QSOs = 775  Sections = 73  Countries = 30  Total Score = 180,662

Club: Smithchart ARS

Comments:

Planning on a full effort but caught something keeping me to a one day effort
plus one contact, IQ9UI. Found him after scanning the band Sat evening. Worked
then shut everything down and went to bed.

Band seemed in pretty good shape except even closer in stations had deep QSB. To
the point of no copy from Q5. The joys of 160!

Seems my work on the phasing of the two towers has paid off as the combination
appeared to work well. Nice to have solid results from work done.

A note about the supposed DX window. Perhaps I read the rules incorrectly but
they seemed to indicate only DX should be in the 1830 to 1835 span. Certainly
not the case, at all, this contest. ARRL, either enforce this or eliminate the
wording in the rules.

A thought about dupes. Routinely I work all dupes. To me it means either I
copied their call wrong the first time or they copied mine wrong. Either way,
working them again seems to make sense. That said, one VA3 (tried sending an
email but none listed) worked me 4 times in the time I was on! Seems excessive
to me.

As always, thanks to ARRL for organizing the contest and for all the
participants. Great to see the band full from near 1800 to above 1865 and
higher.

Equipment:
K3
Alpha 91b