[3830] ARRL 160 K1RX SO Unlimited HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, mpridesti@yahoo.com
Subject: [3830] ARRL 160 K1RX SO Unlimited HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 08 Dec 2019 13:58:31 +0000
                    ARRL 160-Meter Contest - 2019

Call: K1RX
Operator(s): K1RX
Station: K1RX

Class: SO Unlimited HP
QTH: W1
Operating Time (hrs):

Total:  QSOs = 1259  Sections = 79  Countries = 48  Total Score = 411,510

Club: Yankee Clipper Contest Club

Comments:

With the exception of not having a working RX antenna (Hi Z 4 el.) that broke
during the CQ WW CW (high current condition), and just used the TX antennas for
receive, was very pleased with the station's performance. Only exception was the
operator - that guy needs to be replaced with some who can do the contest full
time after working on towers for the past two days, Friday AM climbing a 120 ft.
tower to fix a 4 SQ for 160 M at K1KI (you're welcome!), drive 3 hours to get
home, clean up, take a one hour nap and then rock and roll in the contest
starting at 5 PM.

Great conditions I thought, first time working KL7 from this new QTH. Tried for
RT0F but never made that one - glad many locals hung in there to get that mult.
Really enjoyed seeing the RBN data coming in from KL7RA - thought that was
pretty cool.  And speaking of RBN's, was really surprised to get so many RBN
stations showing up in the Info Window from stations never seen before.  Been
working 160 M for the past 2 years from the new QTH and all those days of seeing
a handful of RBN reports (mostly low signal levels due to lousy conditions), was
blown away by the numerous reports of good levels - yeah, good conditions!!

Missed NE, SJV, VE5 (heard SF at the end but too late for me) and of course NT!
It was nice to 1K QSO's in the log by 12Z on the first day. Knew at that point
it was going to be a slugfest the balance of the weekend.

Now on to sorting out what happened to my Hi Z array.....

Thanks all for the nice weekend, lots of great ops (both slow and fast speed
types).

73, Mark, K1RX