[3830] ARRL 160 K8BKM Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, thammond@chartermi.net
Subject: [3830] ARRL 160 K8BKM Single Op LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 08 Dec 2019 14:25:12 +0000
                    ARRL 160-Meter Contest - 2019

Call: K8BKM
Operator(s): K8BKM
Station: K8BKM

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: MI
Operating Time (hrs): 6.0

Total:  QSOs = 403  Sections = 66  Countries = 6  Total Score = 53,790

Club: Mad River Radio Club

Comments:

Missed the first night as I was flying home from Denver. Made a fairly serious
effort Saturday evening and a bit Sunday morning. Conditions seemed quite good
and noise was low. Missed most of the California sections though for some
reason. No AK or HI either. I didn't stay up late enough for them probably. No
my best 160 score due to low BIC time but still had a lot of fun - one of my
favorites contests of the year.

A month ago, the day after Sweepstakes CW actually, my double-size (204') G5RV
bit the dust. The 300-ohm twinlead had stress fractures and finally broke. I
replaced the antenna with another model that uses 450-ohm ladder line -
otherwise it's the same. The settings on the tuner have changed but the antenna
still plays well on 160, 80, and 40.

Many familiar calls in this contest. Nice to hear and work so many of my radio
friends. Thanks for the Q's

73, Tom
K8BKM