[3830] ARRL 160 W0AIH(K0TG) SO Unlimited HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, k0tg@yahoo.com
Subject: [3830] ARRL 160 W0AIH(K0TG) SO Unlimited HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 09 Dec 2019 04:08:34 +0000
                    ARRL 160-Meter Contest - 2019

Call: W0AIH
Operator(s): K0TG
Station: W0AIH

Class: SO Unlimited HP
QTH: WI
Operating Time (hrs): 26:40

Total:  QSOs = 1355  Sections = 82  Countries = 50  Total Score = 409,992

Club: Minnesota Wireless Assn

Comments:

It was a pleasure to operate W0AIH from "the farm" again.  It has been
a while.  I know many were happy to hear the call again in all of its loud glory
based on the response I received on the air.

Got out to the farm as soon as I could after work and got things going by 0149Z.
I started by calling a few stations just to test things and decided to run thru
the band instead of CQing right away.  I think many were surprised to be called
by AIH.  Usually they work us while the CQ wheel is turning.  It was a nice
change of pace and a lot of nice responses.

Friday conditions were great.  The band seemed very quiet.  The big surprise was
the early start of JA propagation.  I Was CQing and was called by JE1CKA at
0705Z.  Quite early as the usually we do not hear them until around 1100Z.  It
was the earliest opening to JA that I have seen.  The next day was a little
later.  The first one in the log the 2nd night was 0930Z. Most of their signals
were in the clear.  The signals to EU were similar, being surprisingly strong in
general.  The second night, the band was a bit noisier, but signals were still
pretty good I thought.  We had some wind the second night.  That probably did
not help, but the noise seemed to be more atmospheric in nature.  I also had my
Flex 6600M at the farm to use.  It is an excellent rig for a very crowded band
like this.

I think this is a new record for countries worked,for me anyway.  Usually the CQ
contest seems more active with multipliers available.

Missing NT of course

Countries worked:

C6, CM, FM, FS, HI, J3, TI, V3, VP9, XE, ZF, CE, HC, LU, PJ2, YV, DL, EA, EU, F,
G, GI, GM, GW, HA, HB, I, LA, LY, LZ, OH0, OK, OM, ON, OZ, PA, S5, SM, SP, UA,
UA2, UR, YL, V6, D4, BY, HL, JA, JT, UA9

Please consider donating to the W0AIH Memorial Scholarship Fund.  It is just a
bit over $5000 short of the $25,000 goal.  You can fund the link here:
http://www.qth.com/w0aih/

73, John  K0TG