[3830] ARRL 160 N8VW/KP4 Single Op QRP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] ARRL 160 N8VW/KP4 Single Op QRP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Thu, 12 Dec 2019 00:34:51 +0000
                    ARRL 160-Meter Contest - 2019

Call: N8VW/KP4
Operator(s): N8VW
Station: N8VW/KP4

Class: Single Op QRP
QTH: PR
Operating Time (hrs):

Total:  QSOs = 18  Sections = 12  Countries = 3  Total Score = 690

Club: Central Ohio Contest Club

Comments:

While looking for a place to vacation, my wife and I decided to check out Puerto
Rico.  The week we were able to go happened to coincide with the ARRL 160, so
crazy me thought to bring a radio, a qrp radio.  I didn't really plan very well,
but was able to get a 30' tee vertical up about 20' from the water line along
with 2 100' and 2 50' radials in the water.  I had some matching problems, so I
suspect that my efficiency was pretty low and my ERP in the milliwatt range. So,
I called many people with not even a question mark and those I did work deserve
the golden ear award, especially KU8E who I suspect did it with no receive
antenna. RX was fantastic, noise at the qth was non-existent and I could hear EU
equally as loud as NA, so it was fun just to listen to the contest chaos.  Now,
the good thing is that my wife loved the place, so will be going back.