[3830] ARRL 10 NN7CW SO CW Unlimited HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, nn7cw@yahoo.com
Subject: [3830] ARRL 10 NN7CW SO CW Unlimited HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Tue, 17 Dec 2019 03:13:00 +0000
                    ARRL 10-Meter Contest - 2019

Call: NN7CW
Operator(s): NN7CW
Station: NN7CW

Class: SO CW Unlimited HP
QTH: NFL
Operating Time (hrs): 27:21

   CW:
  SSB:
-------------------
Total:  778    44  Total Score = 161,616

Club: Florida Contest Group

Comments:

SOAPBOX: Good grief, that was painful! I was hoping for 2018 condx, but we got
SOAPBOX: 2017 propagation instead. After reaching a whole 160m WAS last
SOAPBOX: weekend, my goal was to work the ones I'm missing on 10m (AK, ND, SD
SOAPBOX: and NE). I entered the contest as Unassisted, but after exclusively
SOAPBOX: working everybody and his brother from the East coast Friday night and
SOAPBOX: not seeing any improvement during the first half of Saturday, I was
SOAPBOX: tempted to bail out, as I did in the first half of this year's ARRL
SOAPBOX: DX. To avoid what I might later regret, I decided to pull up RBN to
SOAPBOX: see where I was heard and check out dxmaps.com (thanks to NP2X, I
SOAPBOX: didn't know that page yet!), which changed my category to Unlimited.
SOAPBOX: The rest of Saturday was an in-and-out-of-the-shack operation and
SOAPBOX: killing time reading Wikipedia articles. Sunday was similar, except
SOAPBOX: for a 2-hour Southwest opening that briefly extended into CA.
SOAPBOX: Highlights: #1: being called by VK4CT; #2: working at least NE; #3:
SOAPBOX: making it to the end of the contest. 73!