[3830] CWopsT KE2D LP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] CWopsT KE2D LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Wed, 25 Dec 2019 14:24:00 +0000
                    CWops Mini-CWT Test - 1300Z Dec 25

Call: KE2D
Operator(s): KE2D
Station: KE2D

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: SNJ
Operating Time (hrs): 1

------------
  160:
   80:  25
   40:  32
   20:   5
   15:
   10:
------------
Total:  62  Mults = 50  Total Score = 3,100

Club: Frankford Radio Club

Comments:

I heard and recorded some echos of signals from local stations within 30 miles
of me or less on 20m.  N3RD, AA3B, K3WW, N2SR.

Their signals were being heard both short path and the around-the-globe long
path.  I recorded these in Audacity and in certain places, it is very easy to
see the echo signal come back.  The calculated time for light to circle the
earth is approx. 0.135 seconds.  I measured that the echoes I recorded were
delayed by approx. 0.135 to 0.140 seconds so this is consistent with a full
orbit path.  It is hard to pick out for certain but in a couple places it looks
as if some of the signals may have made the trip twice.  I've heard and recorded
this in the past but it still amazes me and was a fun Christmas morning treat.

Merry Christmas and happy holidays to all.