[3830] TBDC KI0I Single Op HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] TBDC KI0I Single Op HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 29 Dec 2019 17:04:57 +0000
                    Stew Perry Topband Challenge - 2019

Call: KI0I
Operator(s): KI0I
Station: KI0I

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: MO
Operating Time (hrs): 5:55

Total:  QSOs = 145  Total Score = 911

Club: Kansas City Contest Club

Comments:

With rain and storms predicted,it did rain a lot,I expected QRN to be
impossible.
So I thought I`d try a little effort without my usual prep of laying out some
extra radials and flip the bog up on top of grass. With a couple inches of rain
the radials weren't missed as the water standing under the Inv L always seems to
help radiation level. The bog could have used a little lift tho.
I started the contest with a 7300 Icom at 100w and only thr INV L for TX and
RX.
Soon I realized this was going to be a special night on 160 after hearing and
working a couple EU DX at low power and poor rcv.
I stopped for some eats and came back to reconfigure the station to use my 7600
Icom and rcv antennas, plus boost power to about 400w with a SS amp.
It was a good choice as the condx for DX was epic !
I did all S&P but the urge to run was high. I kept so busy scrolling up and
down the band it was a DX fest with LOUD stations everywhere.
It`s a shame we can`t keep a DX window open , there`s always a loud key clicking
"super station" right next to DX.
Reading the posts ,I see everyone had a good time with the FB condx, myself
included.
Happy New everyone,all the best in 2020.
IC 7300/7600 500w SS amp ,MFJ 998 to keep amp happy, Inv L , K9AY loop in a tree
NE, 200` wire on ground NW.   N1MM+ log

2" of rain during test to wet the swamp. NO LIGHTNING!