[3830] TBDC VE6WZ Single Op HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, ve6wz@shaw.ca
Subject: [3830] TBDC VE6WZ Single Op HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 29 Dec 2019 23:33:16 +0000
                    Stew Perry Topband Challenge - 2019

Call: VE6WZ
Operator(s): VE6WZ
Station: VE6WZ

Class: Single Op HP
QTH:
Operating Time (hrs): 13:46
Remote Operation

Total:  QSOs = 534  Total Score = 3,416

Club:

Comments:

Flex 6600, ACOM 2000a, 2 el Parasitic TX, diversity RX: 9 circle and Beverages

>From my VE6 locations condx seemed a bit muted compared to many days during the
prior weeks.  The EU signals did not seem as strong, and even though I had
callers to my CQs, I found it difficult to get any steady traction with EU.  I
knew the band was open, but there just didn't seem to be many callers.  At times
it was like "pulling hens teeth" to get a run going.

Other than PJ2T, SA was a shut-out.  OC was absent except for KH6, but I did
copy and call Kevin VK6LW but we never made it.  He was very weak, and I
probably wouldn't have copied his grid anyway.  I did hear a ZL calling someone
else but no luck.  Only 12 JA and 1 UA0.

38 EU, 1 AF, 13 AS 4 OC and 1 SA

Using the Flex remotely with the full waterfall and spectrum scope makes
operating an unassisted contest great.  I could pretty much guess what DX was by
the strength of the waterfall trace. I could also add calls onto the Flex
spectrum scope from N1MM as I copied calls for future reference.

As always with the remote, it was a challenge switching RX directions to listen
for callers.  If I was RX on EU I would not copy NA unless signals were loud,
and vice versa.  Lots of mouse clicking on the computer controller.

Don VE6JY suggested I hook up with the "Contest Online Scoreboard"
link with N1MM to report live scores.  It was great fun to watch each other
during the contest. I am very pleased I was able to keep up with such an
experienced contester like Joel VE6WQ who operated from the JY station.

73, tnx to those who called and those who heard me.
de steve ve6wz