[3830] TBDC 7X7X(KF5EYY) Single Op HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, ash.kf5eyy@gmail.com
Subject: [3830] TBDC 7X7X(KF5EYY) Single Op HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Fri, 03 Jan 2020 19:59:02 +0000
                    Stew Perry Topband Challenge - 2019

Call: 7X7X
Operator(s): KF5EYY
Station: 7X7X

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: Bejaia
Operating Time (hrs): 8

Total:  QSOs = 428  Total Score = 3,015

Club: Rhein Ruhr DX Association

Comments:

The plan was to take the morning flight to Alger then a multivane to take us to
Bejaia so we can arrive there at 17z. However, the flight was delayed by 4 hours
and we only could arrive there at around 21h. It's been a long tiring day with
the mountains route drive but I had to make it at any cost. So with the help of
Ahmed 3V1B I managed to set up a 27m high inv-L with only 4 radials. I had a
very modest TS-480 in the shack and 1kW from ACOM-1000.
I started operating at 2300z. 25% of the QSOs were with North America which was
very promising for the rest of the DXP. I presume many callers didn't make it to
the log given the absence of an RX antenna that night.

Hope we QSOed later.

73 Ash KF5EYY @ 7X7X
3V8SS 3V8SF
www.kf5eyy.info