[3830] RTTY Roundup W6SX SO Unlimited HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, w6sx@arrl.net
Subject: [3830] RTTY Roundup W6SX SO Unlimited HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 06 Jan 2020 00:31:32 +0000
                    ARRL RTTY Roundup - 2020

Call: W6SX
Operator(s): W6SX
Station: W6SX

Class: SO Unlimited HP
QTH: Mammoth Lakes, Calif
Operating Time (hrs):

   80:   208
   40:   330      14
   20:   258      21
   15:    40       1
   10:
-----------------------
Total:   836      36  State/Prov = 56  Countries = 28  Total Score = 73,248

Club: Northern California Contest Club

Comments:

Sick with cold both days. Lots of naps. I was very careful Saturday to make a
contact at least every 25 minutes so I didn't run afoul of the silly 2-off-times
rule.

Sunday afternoon I tried FT4. Rate was about 30 per hour. Not as good as could
have done with RTTY. About half of my FT4 contacts were not in SCP, which says
there are some potential contesters out there.

I think that FT modes and RTTY should not mix in the same contest, Field Day
perhaps excepted--of course FD is not a contest!

For FT only contests, which I encourage, organizers and developers could do a
better job with publicity and making QSO completion less ambiguous.

What I enjoy about legacy-mode contesting is the mutual satisfaction of
completing a shipshape contact with the other guy. Not there with FT4/8.

K3, ACOM 2000A, wire antenna at 46 feet with Matchboxes and MB-V-A, MMTTY,
2Tone, WSJT-x, N1MM+.