[3830] RTTY Roundup K7BG Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] RTTY Roundup K7BG Single Op LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 06 Jan 2020 05:08:02 +0000
                    ARRL RTTY Roundup - 2020

Call: K7BG
Operator(s): K7BG
Station: K7BG

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: SD
Operating Time (hrs):

   80:    0        14
   40:    0        49
   20:    0        43
   15:
   10:
-----------------------
Total:    0       106  State/Prov = 35  Countries = 4  Total Score = 4,134

Club: Great Places Contest Club

Comments:

Tried to kludge something together to get on for the contest but I started too
late thinking about it and my mental faculties weren’t up for it. That being
said I was able to get on the digital FT modes for the first time ever, but I
couldn’t seem to get the line-in to the computer to read so I used acoustic
coupling through the laptop’s built in mic. I started on FT4 and it was not
going to well. After a dozen or so contacts I switched to FT8 and the acoustic
coupling seemed to print a lot better. The sounds coming from the shack sounded
like a bunch of drunken ghosts singing their favorite songs in 8 second
intervals. I just used the built in contest logging that WSJT-X has. Works
pretty good for a casual effort.

Thanks to WD0T, KR0N, and W0DB for moral and technical support in trying to work
through some of the issues I was having.

If having fun is what it’s all about then I guess I was successful.

Thanks for the QSOs,

Matt — K7BG