[3830] RTTY Roundup N1IXF Single Op HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, n1ixf@arrl.net
Subject: [3830] RTTY Roundup N1IXF Single Op HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 06 Jan 2020 14:25:10 +0000
                    ARRL RTTY Roundup - 2020

Call: N1IXF
Operator(s): N1IXF
Station: N1IXF

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: CT
Operating Time (hrs): 24

   80:    282
   40:    546
   20:    564
   15:     38
   10:      0
-----------------------
Total:   1430      0  State/Prov = 55  Countries = 55  Total Score = 157,300

Club: Yankee Clipper Contest Club

Comments:

Had a fun contest and nice to work the usual suspects.  Even had VK5GR stop by
for a long path 40M contact on Saturday afternoon.  Guess he's not affected by
the Australian wildfires.  Worked 9G2HO 4 minutes before the start of the
contest, never to hear him again for a nice mult.

While it was fun to watch the online scoreboard to check scores during the
contest, at no time was I able to approach the scores of the top dogs... kudos
to them and their fine results.  There were obviously lots of available Q's that
I just couldn't obtain without an SO2R set up.  I really need to set up for SO2R
but the thought of breaking down my station and rebuilding is daunting and I
keep putting it off.  That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

Station performed fine with the only issue that the call stacking in N1MM+
stopped populating the call entry window.  I could place calls in the stack but
they just wouldn't transfer to the entry window when I invoked the LOGTHENPOP
macro.  Once my run concluded, a quick close and re-open of N1MM fixed the
issue.

As ever I hoped to work WAS in a contest but failed to hear, never mind work,
AK, ND or DE. I was able to pick up the elusive WV and RI in the last hours of
the contest.  Maybe a DE station would be willing to host a RTTY op in the
future??? I'm betting the pile-ups would be good.

Giving K5ZD and K0EG a shout out for having the highest rates on the online
scoreboard... 290 q/h and 283 q/h respectively.  Who says RTTY is too slow and a
boring contest mode?

See you in WPX as WV1K.

73,
Rich N1IXF