[3830] RTTY Roundup AG4W Single Op HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] RTTY Roundup AG4W Single Op HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 06 Jan 2020 15:34:31 +0000
                    ARRL RTTY Roundup - 2020

Call: AG4W
Operator(s): AG4W
Station: AG4W

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: AL
Operating Time (hrs): 24

   80:   122       69
   40:   392       91
   20:   273      109
   15:    14       18
   10:
-----------------------
Total:   801      287  State/Prov = 53  Countries = 48  Total Score = 109,888

Club: Alabama Contest Group

Comments:

FTDX-5000D, AL-1200, 2-80 meter delta loops at right angles, 3 element 40 meter
parasitic vertical array, 20-10m3 element quad at 40 feet. I figured if I was
going to compete in this contest I would need to have FT4 capability so I
upgraded my Writelog to version 12 and added DigiRite. I was still learning how
to use both of them when the contest started. After 3 hours things started to
look much better. There is no way I could see you could get the rate on FT4 that
you get on RTTY when conditions are good. That said I did find many stations
that were in the contest that entered FT4 only. These QSO would of been missed
by the RTTY only stations. I need more practice on FT4 to understand the best
time to CQ vs answer calls. There is also a strategy involved in which calls to
answer first. It is always fun to try something new. Thank you to the stations
that called this weekend. I also tried out new Bose noise cancelling earbuds.
They reduced fan noise on my amplifier to nothing. I can't wait to try them with
my EME station. My 2M homebrew amplifier fan noise is high. This contest would
of been better if we had a good 15 meter opening to Europe. I miss the sunspots
like everyone else.