[3830] NAQP CW K4HQK Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, jwfuller@verizon.net
Subject: [3830] NAQP CW K4HQK Single Op LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 12 Jan 2020 13:43:17 +0000
                    North American QSO Party, CW - January

Call: K4HQK
Operator(s): K4HQK
Station: K4HQK

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: Alexandria, VA
Operating Time (hrs): 9

  160:   23    14
   80:  108    33
   40:  107    38
   20:   99    24
   15:   14     6
   10:    1     1
-------------------
Total:  352   116  Total Score = 40,832

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Team:

Comments:

I had at least one QSO on each band, even including 10m because a local friend
on 40m asked me to switch to 10m with him. I also got a few on 15m around
1400EST, then the band faded away. After dinner I began on 80m, which was
hopping, of course. When I’d exhausted 80m, I switched to 160m at 2240 and
worked 23 using half of an 80m dipole. Finally, QRT at 2330.

Band conditions seemed quite good yesterday. Some had said earlier that
propagation might allow 20m to stay open into the evening, but it didn’t, at
least not here.

Canada was exceedingly scarce. I’ve never heard participation by our northern
neighbors so limited.

I worked a number of guys named “Matt” in Florida. Apparently they were
memorializing a silent key.

I certainly enjoyed myself. Of course my score is peanuts compared to those who
“ran” the whole time; I was strictly S&P. Maybe next time . . .

Station: IC-7410, low-altitude dipoles and Cushcraft R6000 vertical.

73 from John K4HQK
Alexandria, Virginia