[3830] NAQP SSB N9TF Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, n9tf@comcast.net
Subject: [3830] NAQP SSB N9TF Single Op LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 19 Jan 2020 06:32:40 +0000
                    North American QSO Party, SSB - January

Call: N9TF
Operator(s): N9TF
Station: N9TF

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: IL
Operating Time (hrs): 5

  160:   53    22
   80:   55    24
   40:   16    14
   20:   34    20
   15:    1     1
   10:    2     1
-------------------
Total:  161    82  Total Score = 13,202

Club: Society of Midwest Contesters

Team:

Comments:

Had a ice/slush clog on the triband for most of the operating time on that band
that made it almost impossible to to make Qs. SWR bouncing 3:1 and above. most
of the time. Internal tuner couldn't keep up and output power kept dropping.
Winds picked up by the time I went to 40 and 80 and SWR on that antenna also all
over the place. High noise level to boot on 80. I actually ran a bit on 160 late
and beefed up that Q count in a short time. Thanks to Dave W9QL for running the
bands with me near the end of the contest.
Lots of breaks throughout the day from shear frustration of not being heard, and
watching the SWR meter moving all over the place! But I kept coming back for
more punishment anyway!!

Thanks for all the Qs. 73 Gene, N9TF