[3830] NAQP SSB NN4RB Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, nn4rb@yahoo.com
Subject: [3830] NAQP SSB NN4RB Single Op LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 19 Jan 2020 19:27:28 +0000
                    North American QSO Party, SSB - January

Call: NN4RB
Operator(s): NN4RB
Station: NN4RB

Class: Single Op LP
QTH:
Operating Time (hrs): 08:12

  160:   20    12
   80:  118    28
   40:   18    14
   20:   64    26
   15:    9     4
   10:    7     1
-------------------
Total:  237    85  Total Score = 20,145

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Team: PVRC Central Virginia Team #2

Comments:

Mostly S&P, however I did run some in this contest.  Started on on 10 meters
and got a few local contacts.  One of note was Ron, KK4RWB.  Good to see him in
there.  Moved to 15 meters and got only 9 contacts.  The band was noise quiet
and QSO dead.  I ran a while to get five of the nine contacts.  Move to 20
meters.  Activity was up, but not as much as expected.  I moved to 40 meters
after supper and a break.  There I found RFI across the band.  It was 10 dB
above the noise floor and constantly on.  It did fade some up and down, so it
was not a nearby ham.  There was a very strong AM broadcast radio above the band
and I thought it may be the origin.  I did not write the frequency down and
forgot it. (The RFI went way by 10 PM when I check back.)  Made only 18 contacts
on 40 meters and moved to 80/75 meters.  There the operation was better.  After
some S&P, I staked out 3850 (the frequency stated in the rules) and started
running.  Made 90 contacts before getting very slow.  I moved to 160 and picked
up another 20 S&P contacts.

Thanks for the local contacts KK4RWB, N4UA, N8AID, N3AC, WD4KQI (another
surprise), W4PK, K4XL (special mentioning for contacts on four bands) and W4WWQ
(Pete was my last contact of the night.)

Quit early and watched TV.

Had fun, but I often wonder why in multi mode contests phone get less points.
It is noisy, harder, and fewer participants than CW.  That's a rhetorical
comment.

Now, on to RTTY.

Rick
NN4RB

ICOM IC-756PROIII
N1MM+
Micro Ham micro Keyer II (Voice)
Mosely CL-36 at 61'
OCF at about 44' with Kat-500 at the base (Loads the antenna as a vertical on
160.)