[3830] ARRL Jan VHF K9AA(KO9A) Single Op Port QRP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] ARRL Jan VHF K9AA(KO9A) Single Op Port QRP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 20 Jan 2020 04:32:48 +0000

  3.4:
  5.7:
  10G:
  24G:
-------------------
Total:  38     18  Total Score = 1,080

Club: Society of Midwest Contesters

Comments:

I knew going into the weekend that I'd be part-time so came up with an idea to
operate SO3B from home part-time then go to one of the nearby Mt. Trashmore
hilltops to do a quick portable/QRP operation on Sunday afternoon.

Very QRPp gear:

6/2/432 - FT-817...dual band 6/2 mobile whip and Yaesu rubber duck for 432
222 - Alinco DJ280 HT to 5/8 wave mobile whip
1296 - Icom T81A to stock rubber duck

Ended up going much better than expected.  The hilltop plays great...could hear
30-40 stations I couldn't touch with crap antennas and QRP power.  Might have to
come back some day with a more reasonable station.

73 & Thanks for the good ears!

Jim KO9A