[3830] CQ160 CW N3BB Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] CQ160 CW N3BB Single Op LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 26 Jan 2020 15:52:27 +0000
                    CQ 160-Meter Contest, CW - 2020

Call: N3BB
Operator(s): N3BB
Station: N3BB

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: TX
Operating Time (hrs): 7

Total:  QSOs = 550  State/Prov = 50  Countries = 22  Total Score = 99,576

Club: Central Texas DX and Contest Club

Comments:

For me, at least, the great conditions to EU mentioned by many, especially East
Coast stations, simply didn't happen. I missed a lot of prime time since our
granddaughter and her fiancee were here for the  weekend, so I did a
"peek-a-boo" operation in spurts, usually after everyone else went to
bed, and than again between 5 am and 7 am. I felt like a spy trying to look
normal when I secretly was a contest geek!

The station worked well (Tnx W5JAW's direct-fed tower vertical with two elevated
radial design) and the SAL 30 receive antenna located 3-400 feet away down by a
creek. Without the RX antenna, it would have been much less productive, as I was
getting out better than the TX antenna could have heard.

Very disappointing DX condx as EU was PEE WEAK.  I managed only one Zone 16 QSO.
Almost zero openings to JA, which is unusual. Managed a contact with a VERY WEAK
JA3YBK,so you can tell how bad it was. Sunday morning, it seemed like there was
a disturbance, and I got the best receiving results with the SAL 30 either due
East of due West. Going North seemed to run into distortion and fading. All in
all, this was Grind-city for me, with Friday night the best conditions.

It's always fun to operate on Top Band. Thanks for all the contacts. Worked lots
of CTDXCCers, etc.

73, Jim N3BB