[3830] CQ160 CW K4HQK Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, jwfuller@verizon.net
Subject: [3830] CQ160 CW K4HQK Single Op LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 26 Jan 2020 17:25:19 +0000
                    CQ 160-Meter Contest, CW - 2020

Call: K4HQK
Operator(s): K4HQK
Station: K4HQK

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: Alexandria, VA
Operating Time (hrs): 8.5

Total:  QSOs = 168  State/Prov = 31  Countries = 5  Total Score = 14,940

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Comments:

Without having a 160 meter antenna this was just for fun. Even so, the wire I
used did net me most of the eastern states, a few provinces, a few Caribbean
islands, and amazingly, a QSO with a club station in the Czech Republic with
extremely-sensitive "ears."

Band conditions truly favored DX. It was remarkable to hear so many EU stations
with quite readable signals. Maybe before the sunspots return I'll figure out
how to squeeze a serviceable 160m-resonant antenna on our small city lot ;-)

Station: Icom 7410 at 100w through an antenna tuner to one-half of an 80m
dipole. Couldn't use the 600w amp because on 160 it made the phone ring, the
security alarm go off, and the Internet connection nosedive--followed by a
screaming wife preparing a presentation on her computer ;-)

73,

John K4HQK
Alexandria, Virginia