[3830] CQ160 CW KG9X Single Op Assisted HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, fred.kg9x@gmail.com
Subject: [3830] CQ160 CW KG9X Single Op Assisted HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 26 Jan 2020 19:42:51 +0000
                    CQ 160-Meter Contest, CW - 2020

Call: KG9X
Operator(s): KG9X
Station: KG9X

Class: Single Op Assisted HP
QTH: IL
Operating Time (hrs): 24

Total:  QSOs = 1125  State/Prov = 58  Countries = 68  Total Score = 497,574

Club: Society of Midwest Contesters

Comments:

Started contest as LP.  After about 275 Q's in the log I was trying to work EU
Friday night without any success.  Just getting ?'s. Wanted to work TC0X for a
new one on 160. My usual problem is RX but not at this moment. I use a
combination of the 100' tower vertical and an 80M sloper for RX. So the decision
was made to go HP and hopefully have some more fun being able to actually work
these stations.  Good decision and never looked back.  Lots of EU in the log.
Getting great RBN numbers. But ... of course now when running I get the fun (?)
of not being able to hear those weak ones.  Now I'm the ?? guy. I have left
dozens of stations frustrated at not being in my log.  So sorry to you guys!!!
And ... I'm sure I will have many busted calls and reports.  EU good both
nights.  JA's were MUCH better Saturday morning here.  Only 1 JA on Sunday
morning and that was a real struggle getting his call. KH6 logged but no other
PAC.  Had RBN spots from ZL.

TNX 73,  Fred  KG9X