[3830] CQ160 CW N1DC Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, n1dc@arrl.net
Subject: [3830] CQ160 CW N1DC Single Op LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 26 Jan 2020 22:13:46 +0000
                    CQ 160-Meter Contest, CW - 2020

Call: N1DC
Operator(s): N1DC
Station: N1DC

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: MA
Operating Time (hrs): 11

Total:  QSOs = 374  State/Prov = 46  Countries = 13  Total Score = 54,280

Club: Yankee Clipper Contest Club

Comments:

It's possible to do well on 160M with a small suburban lot. I have only 9,685 sq
ft and use a 160M Inverted L with 2 buried radials fed with RG8. It's about 30
ft vertical and 132 ft horizontal. It's 50 ft up at the end of the horizontal
run.

Did better than expected with limited hours. Conditions Friday night were very
good. Saturday night was more challenging.

Sorry if I stepped on anyone I could not hear. I sent QRL twice before starting
a run. Had some nice action above 1870 Friday and Saturday night.

The Inverted L works very well but it's not the best RX antenna. Sometimes I
could hear better on my 80M dipole.

Missed a few easy mults...Heard DC but he was S&P. W7 states were
challenging here.

Second best score in this contest. Thanks for the QSO's.

73,
Rick  N1DC