[3830] CQ160 CW N2IC Single Op HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] CQ160 CW N2IC Single Op HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 27 Jan 2020 00:55:35 +0000
                    CQ 160-Meter Contest, CW - 2020

Call: N2IC
Operator(s): N2IC
Station: N2IC

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: New Mexico
Operating Time (hrs): 25
Radios: SO2R

Total:  QSOs = 1256  State/Prov = 57  Countries = 57  Total Score = 501,486

Club: Arizona Outlaws Contest Club

Comments:

Someday, I'll do a full, 30 hours in this contest. Friday night I was not
serious - just wanted to work a bunch of folks quickly. Slept from 0830Z-1230Z.
After the excellent Europe opening just after our sunset on Saturday, decided to
see just how well I could do committing to the rest of the contest with my 2nd
tier station.

Was able to make some use of the 2nd radio, but only one beverage had sufficient
isolation to hear anything. Even with that, the transmit phase noise was S5,
while the noise floor on that beverage is S0. Maybe I should use a Drake T4XC or
Collins 32S3 as the transmitter next year ?

Radios: TS590S, TS-590SG
Amplifier: Command HF-2500
Antennas: Reverse-fed tower (N4KG method) with 8 elevated radials. Beverages NE,
E, SE, SW, NW.

226 10 point QSO's.

73,
Steve, N2IC