[3830] CQ160 CW LX20I(DL3BPC) Single Op Assisted HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, ronald.schiltmans@freenet.de
Subject: [3830] CQ160 CW LX20I(DL3BPC) Single Op Assisted HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 27 Jan 2020 16:23:42 +0000
                    CQ 160-Meter Contest, CW - 2020

Call: LX20I
Operator(s): DL3BPC
Station: LX7I

Class: Single Op Assisted HP
QTH: JN29XV
Operating Time (hrs): 29h57

Total:  QSOs = 1876  State/Prov = 45  Countries = 90  Total Score = 1,520,640

Club: Bavarian Contest Club

Comments:

Just hours before the contest we managed to remove the heavy icing off the
transmit antenna wires, bringing their resonance back in the band.
Luckily the air temperature increased a bit, no more icing during the course of
the contest, like in 2019.

Conditions were OK, but AS multipliers were rare and difficult to work.
Just a few JAs, many less than in previous years. The JA big guns were weak.

My friends at 4D2X were the only OC station which made it to log, with 7A(YB),
VK, 9M, nil this year.

EU activity was great which resulted in a record-high Q number.

Propagation to NA was reasonable with K6AM the only workable CA multi. Heard
KA6BIM (OR), but I just couldn't bust the pile-up.

The European competition in the SO category is getting more intense which is
great, but unfortunately some of the top-contenders seem to not always play by
the rules. Pity.

All-in-all it was a great weekend with lots of radio fun.
Again a big thanks to Philippe LX2A for the friendship and support !
We look forward to the next one.

73 Ron
DL3BPC
DU3T