[3830] NA Sprint CW N9NM LP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] NA Sprint CW N9NM LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 03 Feb 2020 19:20:01 +0000
                    NA Sprint CW Contest - February

Call: N9NM
Operator(s): N9NM
Station: N9NM

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: STX
Operating Time (hrs): 4

   80:  24
   40:  45
   20:  20
---------------------
Total:  89     Mults = 32  Total Score = 2,848

Club: Central Texas DX and Contest Club

Team: Five Land Katz

Comments:

Rig: K3 at 100w. Dipole at 20 ft. and vertical.
I had a great time doing this contest. The bands were all so busy, with stations
from all over the country. I was a little tired, because I had contested in the
VT, BC, and MN QSO Parties since 9am. At 6pm I switched to the NA Sprint and was
on for all 4 hrs. 20 meters worked well for me, until about 7:30, and then I
switched to 40, with good success. (I had 30 minutes when no one could hear me
at all, and I was very frustrated; I think my dipole was acting up.) I started
on 80 meters about 9pm, and it was wonderful. It was so quiet and easy to work,
it amazed me. Usually we have lots of noise and it's so difficult to use. I
didn't get a huge score in this contest, but had so much fun trying.