[3830] RTTY WPX PJ2T SOAB HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, jhfitzpa@wisc.edu
Subject: [3830] RTTY WPX PJ2T SOAB HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 10 Feb 2020 02:17:52 +0000
                    CQ WPX RTTY Contest - 2020

Call: PJ2T
Operator(s): PJ2T
Station: PJ2T

Class: SOAB HP
QTH: Signal Point
Operating Time (hrs): 10

------------
   80:    0
   40:  168
   20:  404
   15:  229
   10:    0
------------
Total:  801  Prefixes = 359  Total Score = 1,032,843

Club: Society of Midwest Contesters

Comments:

For several years I have come down to the station the week before ARRL CW to do
WPX RTTY. This year I had planned to come on Tuesday before the contest since
there are always things to fix and get working properly. Last year it took me 2
days to get everything working and in order. I usually try to operate about 24
hours or so since the ARRL is the next weekend. That plan went by the boards
when a family member planned an event that evening and the next day without
consulting me. So now the plan was to come Friday arriving 3 hours before the
contest. Airline cancellations and delays turned that 12 hour trip into a 36
hour trip and I arrived with the contest half over and with only 3 hours of
sleep each of the previous 2 nights. I was dog tired and had many problems with
the radio and computer. The computer would not key the radio no matter what I
did. I was too tired to do much trouble shooting so I hooked my laptop, which I
knew would work, up to the radio and was on the air in 5 minutes. I still had
intermittent keying problems and no CAT and had many lid like moments the first
night. I apologize to those whom I disappeared on in the middle of a QSO. After
only 3 hours on 40 meters I went to bed and got a decent nights sleep. I slept
through most of the 20 meter European opening Sunday AM, but felt a hell of a
lot better. When I got back to the radio, which had seemed to have a mind of its
own so far, had changed modes by itself  and I was upside down for a while until
some kind soul pointed this out to me. No wonder no one called in.  Things
didn't go quite as planned to say the least, but it was fun for the short time I
did it. There's always next year.

Best QSOs: a loud JT1BV who called in, and PY2CAT who started his QSO with me
with "MEOW".

Thanks to everyone who got on and passed out QSOs.

See you all in ARRL CW.

73 Jim WI9WI