[3830] RTTY WPX V31VP(@V31DL) SOAB TB-Wires LP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] RTTY WPX V31VP(@V31DL) SOAB TB-Wires LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 10 Feb 2020 03:44:36 +0000
                    CQ WPX RTTY Contest - 2020

Call: V31VP
Operator(s): V31VP(WB0TEV)
Station: V31DL

Class: SOAB LP
Class Overlay: TB-Wires
QTH: V3
Operating Time (hrs): 29:55
Radios: SO2R

------------
   80:   86
   40:  323
   20:  313
   15:  200
   10:    0
------------
Total:  922  Prefixes = 426  Total Score = 1,266,072

Club: DFW Contest Group

Comments:

This year I decided to try to set a new Belizean record for SOAB-LP, the old one
having been established in 2001 by a now Silent Key.

Done.

Got off to a really slow start due to one of the radios having a 1.5 khz RIT
invoked albeit with no red indication on the N1MM+ bandmap and nothing really
obvious on the radio.  Once I set it to zero, amazingly I started making QSOs on
that radio. (DUH) This was my first real low power entry from the Maya Hill
Lodge station, and of course some different strategies were required, with more
search and pounce and less running attempts.

Did SO2R part of the time which helped make up for the lack of LOUD that comes
with 100 watts.  I did manage a nice run on 15m Sunday afternoon after some kind
soul spotted me.

40m was of course the money band given its higher point value.  Some stats below
tell the story.

Band    QSOs    Pts    WPX    Pt/Q
3.5       86     396    56    4.6
7        323    1428   148    4.4
14       313     726   151    2.3
21       200     422    71    2.1

I managed to put in almost the full 30 hours.  I took later lunches and suppers
so as to make sure I was QRV throughout the important 1200-1500Z and 2200-0100Z
time slots, something I'd not always done in the past.  20m opens to EU from
here just before the ~1200Z sunrise and then degrades about 3 hours later.
2200-0100 were great times to do SO2R on 20/40 running.

Another great time at Maya Hill Lodge, thanks as always to Andre and Monika for
the ever evolving shack and consistently warm hospitality.  K5PS (V31CQ) and I
plan on being back down here at the end of March for a M/2(?) entry in the WPX
SSB contest.

73 and thanks for all the QSOs.

Victor V31VP (WB0TEV)