[3830] RTTY WPX WB9TFF(@WB9TFH) M/S LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, wb9tff@gmail.com
Subject: [3830] RTTY WPX WB9TFF(@WB9TFH) M/S LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 10 Feb 2020 16:57:03 +0000
                    CQ WPX RTTY Contest - 2020

Call: WB9TFF
Operator(s): WB9TFF WB9TFH
Station: WB9TFH

Class: M/S LP
QTH: WI
Operating Time (hrs):

------------
   80:  135
   40:  239
   20:  154
   15:   20
   10:
------------

Club: Society of Midwest Contesters

Comments:

WB9TFF comments:
Gil and I operated at alternate times. He stayed up late Friday and
Saturday.  I operated daytime and took over for the finale.  This
resulted in the highest score we did. Thanks for the qsos.
WB9TFH comments:
WOW, exceeded expections on this contest. Never thought we would
reach 500 Q's, a first! Made most of the time BIC, paid off.
We missed the first 2.5 hours, I think that hurt for Mults.
We would take turns operating. I stayed up till 1am Saturday and
up before SR Saturday a few hours and up till midnight going
into Sunday missing SR, looks like we missed a good opening.
Runs were hard to come by, mostly S&P.
We got some 15m Q's, it was nice not being crowded and working weak
stations. No JA's, VK, but did get Hawaii.
Equipment problems was not being able to turn the yagi. The rotor
loop coax opens up and receive drops out and high SWR. Had to
tweak the beam to get the receive back. Works only in the south
direction. Inverted vee on 80 and 40. Summer maintainence.
This is the second time we operated M/S LP. WB9TFF won the 9th call
area in 2016. Who knows, maybe a 2nd time?
Great fun and learned more about N1MM using RTTY, good software.
Thanks for the SMC Q's and see you in NAQP RTTY.!