[3830] RTTY WPX W6QU(W8QZA) SOAB QRP

To: 3830@contesting.com, wparker2@san.rr.com
Subject: [3830] RTTY WPX W6QU(W8QZA) SOAB QRP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 10 Feb 2020 19:51:04 +0000
                    CQ WPX RTTY Contest - 2020

Call: W6QU
Operator(s): W8QZA
Station: W8QZA

Class: SOAB QRP
QTH: San Diego, CA
Operating Time (hrs): 29.9

------------
   80:   24
   40:   47
   20:  160
   15:   35
   10:    1
------------

Club: Southern California Contest Club

Comments:

STATION W8QZA:

Radio: Yaesu FT-817, 5 Watts

Antennas:
  10-15-20 Meters: 3 el Stepp-IR up 32 feet
  40 Meters: 1/4 wave vertical with 3 radials
  40 Meters: DX-LB trap dipole up 30 feet
  80 Meters: Inverted L with 2 radials
Conditions were not good here.  Only 3 QSOs into Europe: CR6T,S52X, and IQ1RY.
On Sunday AM as 20 M opened, I called the first station I heard, IQ1RY, and
worked him easily. I thought it was going to be a great day, but he was the last
European I worked!

DXCC was only 22 and WAZ was 16. This is the least number of countries I have
worked in a major DX contest in the last decade. And it is near least in zones.

My best QSO was probably S52X. I rarely work eastern Europe when condx are not
good and I was astounded when he came back after failing with so many stations!

74% of my Qs were with USA stations and only 44 Qs (16%) were off continent. As
I do in this contest, it barely qualifies as a DX contest!

Well, here's hoping for better things in the ARRL CW weekend. The 30 hour op
time limit in this contest makes it a lot easier to "recuperate"
from!

73,  Bill Parker  W6QU - W8QZA