[3830] ARRLDX CW NP2J(K8RF) SOSB/160 HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] ARRLDX CW NP2J(K8RF) SOSB/160 HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 16 Feb 2020 23:04:36 +0000
                    ARRL DX Contest, CW - 2020

Call: NP2J
Operator(s): K8RF
Station: NP2J

Class: SOSB/160 HP
QTH: St. Croix
Operating Time (hrs): 15.25

  160:  755    58
   80:
   40:
   20:
   15:
   10:
-------------------
Total:  755    58  Total Score = 130,152

Club:

Comments:

I will get my Crystal Ball out.... and predict that the current ARRL 160 Meter
Contest North American record of 161K set in 2009 by C6AKQ (N4BP op)... is about
to get smoked!

I heard Jeff VY2ZM hard at it on 160 all weekend.
My guess is that Jeff hits 250K points!

Well, if I am going to get my butt kicked, at least it is by a better op, with a
better station at a better location!
(Well Jeff,I have you beat on location as far as WX goes, Hi!)

Jeff, I can't tell you enough how much I appreciate your efforts at JT5DX and
last year at V85SAA, those two new ones are most cherished contacts on 160.
Thanks again!!!

Now as far as the contest goes, I thought activity level was down this year on
160, should have been better with good lowband conditions....maybe everyone was
on 80/40?

I think activity would be higher if full coverage was given in QST for
contests.

I must say that the ARRLs lack of contest coverage in QST is beyond horrible.
Two skimpy pages coverage for a major contest is pathetic!

EVERYONE likes seeing their scores published!
Not fair that only the few big gun winners get listed!!

The only "Contest" they give full coverage of is Field Day, and the
ARRL says it "isn't even a contest" because "they don't do log
checking" {actual quote from ARRL official)

Better QST coverage would boost contest activity!!

I urge everyone to call the ARRL and demand more Contest coverage in QST!!!!
Let you voices be heard!

Thanks for the contacts everyone!
73
Dan