[3830] ARRLDX CW KH7M(NA2U) SO Unlimited HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, fred3830@gmail.com
Subject: [3830] ARRLDX CW KH7M(NA2U) SO Unlimited HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 17 Feb 2020 04:32:45 +0000
                    ARRL DX Contest, CW - 2020

Call: KH7M
Operator(s): NA2U
Station: KH6ZM

Class: SO Unlimited HP
QTH: HI
Operating Time (hrs): 36:18

  160:  353    52
   80:  419    54
   40:  856    58
   20: 1330    60
   15:  566    55
   10:    0     0
-------------------
Total: 3524   279  Total Score = 2,944,566

Club: Arizona Outlaws Contest Club

Comments:

It is worth the trip to Hawaii simply to enjoy the delicious, sweet papayas with
fresh-squeezed lime juice for breakfast, but I already digress!

Contest went well.  Murphy found other things to do this weekend and all
hardware/software ran as planned.  As summary indicates I missed the very short
10m opening to KH6 in this one.  I had a plan but failed to execute it.  Ain't
no meters like ten-meters and it was bereft of life for me.  A couple of other
minor mishaps due to operator fatigue.

In years past I have worked 40m/80m through local sunset.  This time I went to
160m and was very surprised at the opening and quality of signals.  I did not
find that to be the case during my years in New Jersey.  U.S. East-coast sunrise
conditions were also good.  Except for a short time Saturday night (local) I
thought the low-bands quiet.

With conditions such as they are I'm finding it more and more difficult to work
through the night due to lack of stations to work.  Especially in the CW test
with skimmers it is almost impossible to find stations that have not been
spotted when doing search/pounce.  Very few new stations are found.

With contest rules available online it would be an improvement if more DX
stations would review the rules before the contest.  They Hawaii is a 'state'
but in the ARRL DX contests Hawaii is DX.  Many DX stations call and I've slowly
come around to working those who call quickly so I can get back to working
stateside stations.  I wish the EU stations that called me on 20m would have
been around for the last CQWW CW here!

It's so much fun to work so many friends from KH6!  I'll be back for the phone
test next month.  Let's contest!!!

I've become accustomed to the great hospitality here at KH6ZM's.  Max, and his
wife, Kathy are very gracious hosts and it's always a joy to be here.

I already mentioned the papayas.

73 and aloha,

Fred/KH6/NA2U