[3830] ARRLDX CW EA6FO(EA3M) SO Unlimited HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, roger.caminal@gmail.com
Subject: [3830] ARRLDX CW EA6FO(EA3M) SO Unlimited HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 17 Feb 2020 12:59:38 +0000
                    ARRL DX Contest, CW - 2020

Call: EA6FO
Operator(s): EA3M
Station: EA6FO

Class: SO Unlimited HP
QTH: JM08PW
Operating Time (hrs): 38
Radios: SO2R

  160:  309    45
   80:  635    55
   40: 1152    60
   20: 1229    60
   15:  290    42
   10:    0     0
-------------------
Total: 3615   262  Total Score = 2,841,390

Club: Catalonia Contest Club

Comments:

This contest came almost as a surprise as initially it was not in my plans. But
couple of weeks ago (after the CQ 160-meter contest) Julio EA3AIR and I talked
by phone and he mentioned the possibility of participating in Single Operator.
Needless to say that my initial plans automatically changed and that 24h later I
had already requested couple of days off and bought the plane tickets!

Julio was already at the airport when I arrived on Thursday evening, and he
drove us home where Patro (Julio's XYL) had the dinner ready. Take a moment to
think about how the perfect guest should be. Now multiply this feeling by 100:
this is how I've felt these days. Julio and Patro, THANK YOU!

The station is very well maintained and basically ready to operate, so we spent
Friday morning preparing a 200m beverage towards NA. Apart from couple of minor
issues, we had everything ready by 16:00 local time so I spent the rest of the
afteroon sleeping.

The contest started frenetically, 2BSIQ definitely rocks! I made around 270 QSOs
only in the second hour when both 40m and 80m were optimal to US, my personal
best in real life. In general, low bands were good the whole contest. During the
day though, things were not as straighforward. 20m was acceptable, but 15m
barely opened (I don't even want to mention 10m). Besides, there was a strong
interaction between 15/20 which prevented me to run properly the simultaneous
pileups in both bands. I guess we have homework to do for the next one ;-)

Thank you very much to all participants, specially to the ones that called! It
was also very interesting to follow the online scores, specially those from SN7Q
and 9A4M who kept me awake and made me push until the end. And of course,
congrats to CR5E for the outstanding score (where the hell did you take the
extra 1k QSOs from? I was in "beacon mode" the whole Sunday...)!

See you in the next one!
Roger, EA3M