[3830] ARRLDX CW HQ9X(W1UE) SOAB LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, egan.dennis88@gmail.com
Subject: [3830] ARRLDX CW HQ9X(W1UE) SOAB LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 17 Feb 2020 15:08:07 +0000
                    ARRL DX Contest, CW - 2020

Call: HQ9X
Operator(s): W1UE
Station: N2WQ/HR9

Class: SOAB LP
QTH: HR
Operating Time (hrs): 44:22
Radios: SO2R

  160:  325    49
   80:  818    57
   40:  945    59
   20: 1332    61
   15:  772    58
   10:   73    21
-------------------
Total: 4265   305  Total Score = 3,897,900

Club: Yankee Clipper Contest Club

Comments:

Well, I have to say- that was a blast!  For me, a new high in operating time
(44+ Hours).  A fun competition with HH2AA and V26M, even though our categories
weren't the same.

The new 40M dipole played well.  Preliminary tests using RBN data showed the
dipole to be 2-3dB louder into the states than the 1/4 wave vertical; the few
times I tried to use the vertical in the contest my perception is that the rate
dropped.  I wasn't very scientific with the data, but that was my perception.

The improved 160M vertical didn't get up in time; its sitting by its mounting
post.  So I used the same trapped dipole as last year.  Equipment all worked
flawlessly.  The bands even helped a bit, creating a shot of adrenaline when 10M
opened on Sunday.  After seeing no one on 10M on Saturday outside PJ2T, Sunday
it unexpectedly opened with a bang pretty much up the Eastern Seaboard.  Last
mult found was AZ later in the afternoon.

Thanks to Rudy, N2WQ, for the use of his great station.  After 44+ Hrs of
running, I'm ready for the pool!

Dennis HQ9X