[3830] ARRLDX CW NR4M M/M HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, steve@nr4m.com
Subject: [3830] ARRLDX CW NR4M M/M HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 17 Feb 2020 16:10:57 +0000
                    ARRL DX Contest, CW - 2020

Call: NR4M
Operator(s): N3AC WS6X N2YO NR4M W0IMD WA4PGM K4MI N1RM KN4DEB K7SV N3AIU
KA4RRU K4GMH
Station: NR4M

Class: M/M HP
QTH: FM18  VIRGINIA
Operating Time (hrs): 48

  160:  374    76
   80: 1084   105
   40: 1823   117
   20: 2082   120
   15:  384    87
   10:   36    24
-------------------
Total: 5783   529  Total Score = 9,079,227

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Comments:

Glad this one is behind us.  Just too much last minute stuff to deal with.
Just about dusk on Friday, we discovered that part of the pair of 160 meter
phased  antennas had come down.  One of the top loading wires had broken and was
hanging down against the vertical radiator.  I wasn't involved with the
attempted 'fix-in-the-dark', but I can attest that it wound up a mess.  The 160
antenna was mostly un-usable Friday night.  More like a remote dummy load than
an antenna.
It was all fixed early the next morning and worked fine the rest of the weekend.
 We'll never know how it affected our 160 numbers.
Low bands were in very good shape the whole weekend. 20 meters carried it's
usual load, the whole weekend.  15 was there, but was not real impressed with
the EU opening.  Spent much of Friday AM getting the last antenna of the new 3
stack mounted on the tower.  Suppose it would have been even less impressive if
that last ant wasn't installed.
Couple of the guys couldn't make it at the last minute.  One with some family
issues that needed his attention and the other was dealing with a nasty back
issue.  We did miss them not being with us.
Beverages worked well, with no issues for a change.
More antenna improvements in the future.
Thanks for all the contacts.  They are what make this all worth it.

73 de Steve, NR4M (Goat Farm)