[3830] ARRLDX CW FJ/W2RE SOAB HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, W2re@remotehamradio.com
Subject: [3830] ARRLDX CW FJ/W2RE SOAB HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 17 Feb 2020 18:45:03 +0000
                    ARRL DX Contest, CW - 2020

Call: FJ/W2RE
Operator(s): W2RE
Station: FJ/W2RE

Class: SOAB HP
QTH: St. Barthelemy
Operating Time (hrs): 10.25

  160:   88    22
   80:  101    23
   40:  200    39
   20:  335    48
   15:  325    46
   10:   47    19
-------------------
Total: 1096   197  Total Score = 647,736

Club: Frankford Radio Club

Comments:

Let’s put this into perspective.

At 1200/utc Saturday I’m at the Atlantic FBO Stewart Airport in Newburgh NY
with luggage and gear with the RHR team waiting for Pat N2IEN and the  flight
crew for a direct flight to St. Martin for our FJ DXpedition. We arrived at St.
Martin at 1600/utc and were quickly expedited to St. Barts with gear and luggage
by 1730/utc. We spent an hour celebrating our arrival at the villa with a few
cocktails, after a few drinks it was time to make things happen by building and
installing antennas for HF and satellite. For HF we installed an OCF @ 30’ and
inverted L for 160. The rig is a K3 + KPA 500. After the chef cooked us an
awesome dinner here at the villa, I’m officially on the air at 0200. After
making 300 Q’s late into the night I went QRT for some needed rest. At
1400/utc I’m back on the air, The biggest surprise was the short 10m opening,
Bud AA3B was the first six band in my log followed by several others, even with
an OCF at 30’ the callers were endless. Even being late to the party, this was
quite honestly the most fun I’ve had in some time. As many know I’m very
active on social media with my live streaming, I couldn’t resist posting our
location for the FJ DXpedition.
https://www.facebook.com/remotehamradio/videos/213292636381974/