[3830] ARRLDX CW W1DYJ SO Unlimited LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, larryb@alum.mit.edu
Subject: [3830] ARRLDX CW W1DYJ SO Unlimited LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 17 Feb 2020 20:12:54 +0000
                    ARRL DX Contest, CW - 2020

Call: W1DYJ
Operator(s): W1DYJ
Station: W1DYJ

Class: SO Unlimited LP
QTH: Massachusetts
Operating Time (hrs): 13.2

  160:   11    10
   80:   52    38
   40:  173    62
   20:  182    72
   15:   31    22
   10:    4     3
-------------------
Total:  453   207  Total Score = 281,313

Club: Yankee Clipper Contest Club

Comments:

What is that Beach Boy song: FUN! FUN! FUN! (I don't have
a T-Bird...)  I actually felt like I knew what I was doing.
Dinner Friday night meant a late start, and a concert
Saturday night kept me off the air during some prime
time -- but domestic life is important.  All S&P (mostly C&P).

I checked the bands at ~4 am local Saturday and there wasn't much.
Checked again at ~6 am local and got the EU opening.  I hit my
best rate ever at ~100 for about half an hour.  FUN! FUN! FUN!

Bands were fine for the most part.  80 was noisy Saturday night,
or my old TS-2000 was experiencing blow-by.  Time for an upgrade.

Goal I -- Beat my best past score: well...  I came within 5 Qs
of doing this.  (Or 3 mults.)

Goal II -- AK on 80 to complete 80 WAS here in MA:  nope!
Didn't even see them spotted.

I also saw the entry robot take away two mults.

Rig: TS-2000
S&P (actually mostly C&P)
Log: N3FJP's International DX Contest Log v4.8
Antennas:
   10  HB 5el yagi @ 30ft
   15  HB Rotatable Dipole @ 33ft
   20  HB Moxon @ 36ft
   80/40  trapped 80/40 + 30M fan dipole @ ~30ft
  160  a "temporary" 160 dipole run "zig-zag" around
          the back yard at about 15 ft average height,
          fed at 80/40/30 dipole feedpoint.

73 -- Larry -- W1DYJ