[3830] ARRLDX CW OH/M0CFW(JK3GAD) SOAB HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, mj0cfw@gmail.com
Subject: [3830] ARRLDX CW OH/M0CFW(JK3GAD) SOAB HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 17 Feb 2020 22:02:52 +0000
                    ARRL DX Contest, CW - 2020

Call: OH/M0CFW
Operator(s): JK3GAD
Station: OH1VR

Class: SOAB HP
QTH: KP11
Operating Time (hrs): 35h24
Remote Operation

  160:   36    15
   80:   96    29
   40:  226    45
   20:  774    56
   15:
   10:
-------------------
Total: 1132   145  Total Score = 492,420

Club: Bavarian Contest Club

Comments:

Thanks to station owner Seppo OH1VR. This time I was given an access to his
station whole 48 hours during the contest.

My target was making more than 1k qso and beat OH6NV score in 2009.
At the end both are achieved.

I have to admit I missed sunrise on Saturday as I was so tired and had
some nap….. It was too late for 160/80 but 40 was better than during night.
Great rate on 20 (but not like 200 of course) till 20z, then bits and pieces on

80 and 40 makes approx 700 Qs at 24 hours. At that times it is likely to
reach 1k Qs.

Sunday started more or less same, difficult night time, again some nap but
awake at sunrise. I did not feel better propagation during sunrise, signal
level was almost same as night time and not much increase of multiplier.
20 started ok in the afternoon but quickly deteriorated and I felt 1k Qs is
unlikely. I decided to go out for walk as it was nice weather after heavy storm

in the morning. An hour later start again on 20 and rate went back up very
slowly. I was staying on 20 a bit longer till 21z and reached 1k. Then got
nice rate on 40 and 80 afterwards.

I missed 15m openings if any. I checked every half an hour during day time
in OH time but heard only EU/AF station.

73 Kazu
M0CFW, MJ5Z, JK3GAD